Three Trending Topics to Share with Your Patients this Fall
Fall is here! Nights are getting cooler, the school year has begun and costume planning is underway. An eye exam may have slipped your patient’s mind during this busy season. Take this time to remind them about the importance of their eye health with some relevant information.
Check out these three trending topics and download our free images to communicate them to your patients in office, via email and on social media.
Remind your patients why a vision screening should not replace a comprehensive eye exam
- Inadequate Testing
- It is difficult for a vision screening to identify how the eyes work together and does not give any information about the health of the eyes.
- Lack of Trained Professional
- Only a licensed professional (such as an optometrist) can conduct a comprehensive eye exam. They have the specialized training needed to make a diagnosis and provide accurate treatment
- Limited Testing Equipment
- Professional equipment is important when it comes to getting an accurate reading of the eye. Vision screenings are often not set up in an suitable setting with necessary equipment.
The Dangers of Unregulated Decorative Contact Lenses
Halloween contact lenses can be a fun addition to any costume, but wearing lenses without a prescription from an eye doctor can lead to serious health issues and potentially (and permanently) damage your eyesight.
An Eye Healthy Recipe
Cauliflower has a powerful antioxidant called sulforaphane that protects the retina from oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can lead to serious vision issues like cataracts, macular degeneration and even loss of sight. Including sulforaphane in their diet may help protect your patients’ eyes and can be incorporated into easy and yummy dishes. Suggest that your patients try a recipe with Cauliflower.
Regular communication with your patients is a fantastic way to ensure they keep coming back to your practice. Prime Nexus offers these three topics as visually appealing seasonal email campaigns for an easy patient touchpoint. You’ll be able to reach your patients with information they want to receive.
We’re offering a free download of these three trending topics for you to use as you wish.